VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company - Dallas Area
- Experience: Associate
- Job function: Sales, Finance
- Employment type: Full-time
- Industry: Computer Networking, Information Services, Information Technology and Services
- Job ID: 9378161
About this job
Think you’re up to the challenge of VCE? Globally we’re experiencing growth that has exceeded all expectations. Not surprising when you consider that we’re the people driving the future of Cloud Computing. It’s an industry with over $400 billion at stake and no one is in a better position for success than VCE. It’s time to take your career to the next level and join a collaboration of bold thinkers who are developing the world’s most advanced converged infrastructure. It’s time to take your career to the Cloud.
Our company was formed by Cisco, EMC and VMware with investments from Intel. It’s a combination that has led to explosive growth with our best still yet to come.
Sales Operations Business Analyst
The Services Business Operations Analyst is responsible for performing activities that improve the operational efficiency and financial visibility of the global VCE Sales organization.
The Sales Operations Business Analyst will leverage prior operations experience and keen business acumen to maintain P&L tracking and modeling tools, model organizational planning scenarios, provide forecasts based on actuals, review key revenue and expense performance indicators, support revenue and expense modeling for sales models, and recommend policy and process updates as required.
The Sales Operations Business Analyst will act as a key source of critical operational information and trusted business advisor for the VCE Sales organization.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops report specifications of data requirements and provides analysis to resolve business-related problems. Improves reporting processes whenever possible.
- Develops and maintains business models, business cases, and financial forecasting tools.
- Compiles and prepares statistical data used in the analysis of operational performance of designated functional area.
- Assists in managing projects through completion including project tracking, monitoring, reporting and administration. Communicates project status through publishing high quality project reports and presentations.
- Evaluates business process implications of system requirements and assesses possible redesign recommendations.
- Creates documentation and ensures readiness for all projects. Documents business case analysis and assists in translating business requirements into process/functional design/system solutions.
- Assists in the development of project plans including the creation of detailed work plans and timelines using project management tools. Works with project manager(s) to ensure the integrity and completeness of the solutions delivery process.
- Performs other duties as required.
- SalesForce.com experience a Plus
- Broad experience and understanding of business operations.
- Heavy metrics experience
- Expert level Excel skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Good understanding of business analytics/intelligence.
- Proven financial management and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize, maintain attention to detail, and work under critical timeframes.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to manage by influence in a matrix environment.
- Ability to interface effectively and establish quick credibility and confidence with cross-functional groups and senior management.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, parent organizations, internal business units and customers.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Power Point
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Education Required: Bachelors (Non -Technical)
- Experience Required: 2+ years relevant experience
- Physical Requirements: No
If you think you have what it takes to continue the remarkable growth and success of VCE, we invite you to explore a career with a recognized industry leader. We’ll give you the chance to learn more and accomplish more, faster than you ever thought possible. The Cloud is waiting. What are you waiting for?
At VCE we recognize the importance of reflecting the world’s diversity within our workforce and we are committed to supporting equal employment opportunity. Make no mistake; diversity is a way of life at VCE.
About this company
VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company
The power of three, in one; VCE is a joint venture, founded by Cisco and EMC, with investments from VMware, established to help partners and customers accelerate their transition to pervasive virtualization. VCE is leading IT transformation by leveraging best-of-breed technologies from our parent companies and combining them with great people, best practice workflow, and third party products to bring true orchestration to life. VCE provides the expertise needed to fully deploy and optimize these technologies in our customers’ unique environments, including standardized tools and best practice methodologies for ensuring optimal efficiency and performance. The result is more reliable end-to-end enablement and a faster, safer transition to a next generation data center environment.
Send Resume to: email@example.com